The Institute of Geography and Sustainability invites applications for the position of Graduate Assistant in urban geography and complex sciences
Entrée en fonction: 01.02.2017
Durée du contrat: 31.01.2018, 1 year, renewable for 2 x 2 years. Maximum total duration is 5 years. Taux d’activité: 80%
Lieu de travail: Lausanne, Institute of Geography and Sustainability, University of Lausanne, Switzerland Référence: offre n°3995 / Annonce du: 17.10.2016
Description des tâches
- The candidate will contribute in teaching in survey statistics and in the analysis, visualisation and simulation of geographical networks.
- At least 50 per cent of working time will be devoted to research towards the completion of a doctoral dissertation.
- At most 50 per cent of working time will be devoted to teach and to particpate to projects of the research group «geographic information science».
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in geography or spatial analysis or economy or mathematics/computer sciences applied to social sciences.
- Strong interest for present issues in complexity sciences with competences in multi-agent modelling, network analysis, social networks and management.
- Capacity to conceptualize models based on existing theories, from multi-level elaborations. Autonomy in the creative process.
- PhD Project in the fields of urban systems in Geography and complex systems
Dossier de candidature
Please send an electronic application to Mrs Christelle Monnet (firstname.lastname@example.org) containing the following items:
– a letter of motivation
– a full CV
– the names and email addresses of two persons as reference persons
– a copy of university degrees and grades
– the electronic file of a piece of research work(Master’s thesis, scientific paper or publication,etc.)
– a note of intention concerning the doctoral dissertation
For additional information, please contact prof. Céline Rozenblat (email@example.com)
Seeking to promote an equitable representation of men and women among its staff, the University encourages applications from women.
Délai de candidature
Candidatures jusqu’au: 30.11.2016