We would like to bring your attention to the Call for Satellite Symposia for the International School and Conference on Network Science, NetSci 2018 , to be held in Paris, France, from June 11 to 15, 2018. NetSci 2018 aims to bring together leading researchers and practitioners working in the emerging area of network science.
The conference fosters interdisciplinary communication and collaboration in network science research within the biological and environmental sciences, computer and information sciences, social sciences, finance and business, arts and design and beyond.
Following the successful tradition of previous venues, NetSci 2018 will host several Satellite Symposia on June 11 and 12 as precursors of the main conference. These satellite events are one-day or half-day meetings with a focus on a specific topic of Network Science and its Applications. All subjects are welcome. Organizers of a Satellite will be given 1 fully-waived registration fee for NetSci 2018 that could be used to cover the participation of either an invited speaker to the satellite or for any other participant/organizer.
How to submit proposals
We invite you to submit a proposal for a satellite symposium including title , abstract (brief summary of topic and aims of the satellite) , contact information (names and emails of all organizers, with the mandatory indication of 1 contact organizer), format (number of speakers, number of participants, length/duration/0.5 or 1 day, preliminary program, number of participants at previous editions if applicable), preliminary list of speakers (confirmed or pre-contacted speakers are a plus during the review, to be indicated in the proposal). Please indicate if you are applying to the NetSci Young Initiative for Satellite Meeting .
Submit proposals (single PDF file, maximum 2 pages, longer proposals will not be accepted) by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for submission of satellite proposals: December 11, 2017. ● Notification of acceptance: January 8, 2018.
More details: www.netsci2018.org
- Location: L’École de Musique, Châteauform ( 8 Bis Rue de la Fontaine au Roi, 75011 Paris )
- Rooms will have basic A/V equipment and will be available from 9am-1pm for morning sessions and 2pm-6pm for afternoon sessions.
- Satellite organizers will be responsible for all aspects of the symposium including registration (inaddition, mandatory registration to NetSci 2018 for all Satellite participants due to security regulations in place) and food/drinks during breaks. Please notice that there is a mandatory on-site caterer for coffee breaks.
- All symposia will be listed in the conference program and linked/advertised on the website.
- Selection of proposals will be performed by the Satellite Committee of NetSci 2018. In order to optimize Satellite Symposia in terms of scientific topics, visibility and interactions, the Scientific Committee will reserve the option of merging selected proposals that focus on similar topics.
- No-repetition rule enforced: No repetition of the same talk at the main Conference. NetSci 2018 keynotes and invited speakers cannot be speakers at satellites.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Laura Hernandez or Philipp Hövel, Chairs of Satellite Symposia of NetSci 2018: firstname.lastname@example.org .