Mobile platforms today have a penetration rate of around 50% and a galloping growth, carrying a whole range of sensors and computing resources. The widespread use of these technologies is likely to have a strong impact on both research and the political and civic spheres, as evidenced by the multitude of initiatives that have recently emerged. It is thus possible to conduct large-scale surveys in a very short time, launch longitudinal and in vivo experiments involving a very large number of users, crowd-source problem detection in a city or even make distributed measurements to calculate the location of the epicentre of an earthquake before the specialized agencies. The new “collaborative” applications create a real local-global loop with high potential in the citizen sphere, by sending users aggregated information from all their local actions in real time or near-real time.
All these initiatives are generally hampered by the technical barrier of developing the necessary tools and infrastructure (use of sensors, user management and anonymization, network communication, data storage and filtering, etc.), and by the legal barrier of creating the legal framework for the management of collected data. The Complex Systems Institute of Paris IdF is exploring the potential of mobile technologies for academic and societal projects and aim at developing all these common layers in order to make them freely accessible and thus catalyze this type of innovation. Standard projects will also be developed for each of the spheres concerned: scientific, civic and political.
This position takes place within the “Science en Poche” projects funded by the City of Paris (Programme Émergence(s), 2014-2018) and other ISC-PIF transversal projects.
Langue : français et anglais (lu, écrit, parlé)
Type de contrat : CDD (contrat de droit public CNRS – selon diplôme et /ou expérience – grille accessible en ligne )
Durée du contrat : 12 months – Temps plein/Full time
Démarrage : dès que possible / asap
Rémunération : Selon la grille de salaire CNRS (fonction de l’expérience dans le domaine, niveau IR ou IE).
Pour candidater :
envoyer un cv et une lettre de motivation à Maziyar Panahi ( maziyar.pahani [at] iscpif.fr ) et mettre en copie david.chavalarias chez iscpif.fr
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- A deep familiarity with Android (kotlin) and Swift (or React Native)
- Understanding of mobile design principles and interface guidelines (iOS/Android)
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Great communication skills that will enable you to collaborate with the rest of the team
- Version control (git preferred)
- Open source contributions can be a plus.
Your daily tasks will be:
- Build and maintain mobile applications (cross-platform or native for iOS/Android)
- Develop front-end Web application by using React.js or Angular.js
- Collaborate with the team to create a fast and scalable system
- Maintain the mobile and Web based systems daily
- React (and React Native)
- Micro-service backends with Node.js 8
- Mongo, Redis and ElasticSearch