Maziyar PANAHI is a senior Big Data engineer and a Cloud architect with extensive experience in computer networks and software engineering. He has been developing software and planning networks for the last 15 years. In the past, he also worked as a network engineer in high-level places after he completed his Microsoft and Cisco training (MCSE, MCSA, and CCNA). He has been designing and implementing large-scale databases and real-time Web services in public and private Clouds such as AWS, OpenStack, and OpenNebula for the past 8 years.
He is a system and network administrator, information security officer of a network with over 200 servers, cloud architect (OpenNebula/OpenStack), Cloudera/Hadoop and Apache Spark administrator with over 40 servers and over 180 billion documents in HDFS, DBA of large-scale databases with over 15 billion documents, search engine DevOps with over 7 billion documents indexed, and a full-stack developer of scalable and highly available Web services with millions of operations per day.
He is currently employed by CNRS (IE) as a big data engineer and system/network administrator working at Complex Systems Institute Paris Île-de-France (ISCPIF – UPS3611).
- Gaumont, N., Panahi, M., Chavalarias, D., 2018. Reconstruction of the socio-semantic dynamics of political activist Twitter networks—Method and application to the 2017 French presidential election. PLOS ONE 13, e0201879. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0201879
- Chavalarias, D., Castillo, S., & Panahi, M. (2015). Le Tweetoscope Climatique. Une représentation collective des enjeux autour du climat. Lettre de l’INSHS, 38, 39–42. Retrieved from http://iscpif.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Tweetoscope_INSHS_lettre_infoinshs_38.pdf
- Chavalarias, D., Leenart, J.-B., & Panahi, M. (2014). Publish or Perish – Is that all? What is the social game behind science? In European Conférence on Complex Systems. Lucca, Italy.
- Panahi, M.S.; Woods, P.; Thwaites, H., “Designing and developing a location-based mobile tourism application by using cloud-based platform,” Technology, Informatics, Management, Engineering, and Environment (TIME-E), 2013 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.151,156, 23-26 June 2013 doi: 10.1109/TIME-E.2013.6611982
- S. Kaur, E. Ch’ng, M Panahi (2013) Big Data and Political Discourse: Twitter as a platform for the evolution of political deliberation in the 13th Malaysian General Elections, Asian Network for Public Opinion Research Conference (ANPOR 2013), Seoul, Korea, 21-23 November 2013.
UPS 3611 CNRS
113 rue Nationale