Keywords : cloud architect, big data, distributed systems, databases, NoSQL technology, scalable and highly available applications, social networks
Big Data at ISC: Open Data platform, Big Data architecture, Cloud and Distributed Computing
ISCPIF new approach to Open Data for scientific community.
Big Data: Cloud-based architecture for realtime analytics and visualization
Tracking viral events on Social Networks, making sense of the large-scale data and go into depth, and analyze stream of data in a realtime is always a challenge for both academic and enterprise. This Project is about how to do real-time analytics and visualization when it comes to Big Data. For that reason, Twitter was chosen as a popular social network that provides access to its vast data in a real-time.
The entire architecture was designed and implemented into the Amazon Web Services in order to take advantage of the elasticity in its services and other features such as cloud computing, cloud storage (backups, snapshots, and archives), auto-scaling, etc.
Building fully-functional Search Engines by indexing a large-scale of data in a real-time is another part of this project. The cloud-based architecture consists technologies such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Node.js, and other cutting-edge technologies to help Health Informatics and other health agencies by tracking diseases, symptoms, and treatments from Twitter over ASEAN countries and stream the data into the Search Engine in a real-time for further study.
Here are some of the highlights:
• Handling 6-8 million geo-tagged tweets per day by tracking keywords and geo-boxes locations.
• More than 800 million tweets and counting in a replica set database.
• Streaming, processing, visualizing, and persisting tweets in real-time by tracking geo-location boxes and keywords.
• Tracking tweets for United Nations Global Pulse (Education and Jobs).
• Experimenting cutting-edge technologies in streaming and distributing Big Data.
• Real-time processing in Big Data by using Impala and Apache Shark.
• Using scheduled jobs for deep analytics by Hadoop clusters on Amazon Elastic MapReduce and Cloudera.
• Building a real-time search engine and analytics tools for indexing healthcare related data.
News Tracking: Real-time tracking of news with highest impact on social networks
Flu Detection: Tracking disease related keywords in ASEAN countries to detect and prevent outbreaks
Big Data: Visualization, Geo-locations and cartography
Twitter Mapping: Processing and visualizing political tweets during election
The immense influence of technology has changed the conventional modes of communication amongst communities, organizations and individuals. The very characteristics of social media have afforded its users with useful tools. This project investigates the ways in which Twitter is used as a platform for social conversation. Using a corpus software tools, it conducts a content analysis of several current topics in order to ascertain the pertinent frames that structure online conversations. The resulting users’ sentiments and its impact can be visualized in new ways and forms.
- IEEE VIS 2014 – Paris, France – November 2014 – http://ieeevis.org
- European Conference on Complex Systems – Lucca, Italy – September 2014 – http://www.eccs14.eu/
- Sonic Zoom: Locative audio field – recording, sound-mapping and sample-based composition via mobile phones – Assoc. Prof Owen Chapman – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – December 2013
- The Thickness of Locations and the Flatness of Maps – Prof. Kim Sawchuk Concordia University – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – December 2013
- Sonic Experience Through Soundwalk Art – Dr. Andra McCartney Concordia University – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – November 2013
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Seminar – world largest cloud computing provider in high impact research – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – October 2013
- Digital Innovation or Renovation? – Prof. Jon Baggaley – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – October 2013
- European Conference on Complex Systems – Barcelona, Spain – September 2013 – http://www.eccs13.eu/
- Atlas of Maritime Buddhism: Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative Workshop – Prof. Lew Lancaster University of California, Berkeley – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – August 2013
- Inhabiting the Cultural Imaginary Future Trends in Interpretation of Cultural Heritage – Prof. Sarah Kenderdine UNSW Australia – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – June 2013
- Understanding Complex Adaptive Systems with Agent-based Modeling – Prof Eugene Ch`ng University of Birmingham – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – April 2013
- From Stonehenge to Sunda-Land: Seeing the Past and Visualizing the Worlds’ Invisible Heritage – Prof. Vince Gaffney University of Birmingham – April 2013
- BIG DATA VS. LONG DATA: THE STATE OF THE ART IN HUMANITIES – Prof. Lew Lancaster University of California, Berkeley – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – March 2013
- Discovering Heritage, Transforming Culture: Connecting the Past with the Present Through Emerging Technology – Prof. Eugene Ch`ng University of Birmingham – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – January 2013
- Panahi, M.S.; Woods, P.; Thwaites, H., “Designing and developing a location-based mobile tourism application by using cloud-based platform,” Technology, Informatics, Management, Engineering, and Environment (TIME-E), 2013 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.151,156, 23-26 June 2013 doi: 10.1109/TIME-E.2013.6611982
- S. Kaur, E. Ch’ng, M Panahi (2013) Big Data and Political Discourse: Twitter as a platform for the evolution of political deliberation in the 13th Malaysian General Elections, Asian Network for Public Opinion Research Conference (ANPOR 2013), Seoul, Korea, 21-23 November 2013.
- Maziyar Panahi // ISC-PIF — Multivac Platform: ISCPIF new approach to Open Data for scientific community. SO Data 3 conference, Paris, 26th of March 2015.
- Maziyar Panahi, Eugene Ch’ng and Harold Thwaites (2013, September). Real-time Twitter Processing and Visualization on a Geo-location Map by Using Cloud-based Platform. In European Conference on Complex Systems (ECCS’13) in Big Data on Complex Systems Track, Spain, Barcelona, 16-20 September 2013.
- Master’s Degree in Multimedia specialized in E-learning – Multimedia University 2010 – 2013
- B.Sc. in Software Engineering – Azad University 2005 – 2009
- Assoc. degree in Computer Science – Azad University 2003 – 2005
- Diploma in Computer Science – School of Computer 2001 – 2003
Trainings & Certificates:
Microsoft Professional Certificates (MCP, MCSA, MCSE)
- Implementation and Supporting Windows XP Professional (70-270)
- Managing Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (70-290)
- Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure (70-293)
- Planning, Implementing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure (70-294)
Amazon Web Services (Cloud services)
- AWS Cloud Training Amazon Web Services, License AWS Cloud training October 2013 – Present
- AWS Essentials Training Amazon Web Services June 2014 – Present
- AWSome Day Amazon Web Services June 2014 – Present
- AWS Essentials Training Amazon Web Services August 2014 – Present
- Architecting on AWS Training Amazon Web Services August 2014 – Present
- M102: MongoDB for DBAs(Link) MongoDB July 2014 – Present
Other Professional Activities
- RENCES’2017 reviewer
- ICTS2016 reviewer
- ICITeS’2016 TCP member
- ICCTIS’2015 TCP member
- GAMEPEC 2015 Designated reviewer
- ICSPDM’ 2015 TCP member
- ICACCI’2015 (Special Session) Designated reviewer
- GSCIT’2015 Designated reviewer
- IEEE WCITCA’2015 Designated reviewer
- MAROCENET’2015 Designated reviewer
- ICOED’15 Designated reviewer
- PIAMSE’2015 Designated reviewer
- I4CT’2015 Designated reviewer
- ENCINS’ 2015 Designated reviewer
- eQeSS 2015 TCP member
- ICRE’2015 TCP member
- IEEE WSWAN’2015 TPC member
- IBMSGS’ 2015 TCP member
- ICCEA 2015 TCP member
- ICCAAD 2015 TCP member
- ICMASCTS 2014 Designated reviewer
- CSNT 2014 Designated reviewer
- ICECBM 2014 TCP member
- ICCVIA 2014 TCP member
- ICAET 2014 TCP member
- ICCSE 2014 TCP member
- ICSPCT 2014 Designated reviewer
- IJEE 2014 TCP member
- VisionNet 2014 Designated reviewer
- CICN 2014 designated reviewer
- ICSPT 2013 Designated reviewer