OpenMOLE or how to model differently.
Basic concepts of modeling and computing.
The training is delivered in French (and in English upon request). Training materials are almost all in English.
To become independent in using OpenMOLE, to work with one’s own executed model and to simulate questions about its relevance and effectiveness.
General Overview of the OpenMOLE Platform:
Nowadays, modellers are building calculation codes that grow more complex by the day; involving many parameters and processing a growing body of data sets. Understanding the behaviour of models has become an arduous and daunting task for the very researchers who have devised them, not to mention that data processing on personal computers and machines has become impossible to achieve, resulting in a catch-22 situation. OpenMOLE, a digital platform putting forward high level methods of large-scale distribution, has been particularly devised to carry on these tasks and to meet this double challenge.
- General presentation of the platform backed up with real time cases in point,
- An assisted Kick off on the OpenMOLE software platform,
- Handling of simple examples in order to grasp the various notions of variables, tasks, methods and environments,
- A survey of advanced methods of model optimisation (namely reproducing scenarios, quest for diversity, sensitivity analysis, robustness)
Pre-requisites: materials and softwares:
- A personal computer (none can be provided on-site)
- The newest version V7 needs to be downloaded
Mathieu Leclaire (ISC-PIF), Romain Reuillon(ISC-PIF)
Useful links to fill in the time:
An illustrated presentation of OpenMOLE
An online demo of the software